SIU Investigates Motor Vehicle Injury in Hamilton
Case Number: 13-OVI-216
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OVI-216
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a motor vehicle injury that occurred in Hamilton at 7:36 p.m. this evening.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- Police were operating radar on the northbound Red Hill Valley Parkway near Queenston Road;
- A motorcyclist went through the radar and continued northbound;
- The cruiser’s roof lights were activated;
- The motorcycle was involved in a single motor vehicle collision at the Barton Street interchange;
- The male driver was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The SIU has assigned four investigators, one forensic investigator and one collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1886 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1886.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Lenard Shaw, Lenard.B.Shaw@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342