SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Collision in Plympton-Wyoming
Case Number: 13-PVI-229
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-PVI-229
Mississauga (16 September, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is appealing for witnesses to a collision this weekend in Plympton-Wyoming that resulted in serious injuries to a 25-year-old woman.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 4:15 p.m. on Saturday, September 14, 2013, officers with the Ontario Provincial Police attempted to stop a vehicle being operated by a 29-year-old male;
• The vehicle did not stop and officers followed the vehicle until it went into a ditch on Camlachie Road, south of Confederation Line;
• While the driver did not sustain serious injuries, his 25-year-old female passenger sustained a fractured collar bone. She was taken to a local hospital and was transferred to London Health Sciences Centre for further treatment.
The SIU has assigned four investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1898 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1898.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342