SIU Investigates Injuries to Woman in London
Case Number: 13-OVI-245
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OVI-245
Mississauga (7 October, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 23-year-old woman this weekend in London.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On Sunday, October 6, 2013, at approximately 11 a.m., an officer with the London Police Service was traveling southbound on Adelaide Street to respond to a robbery-in-progress call;
• At the intersection of Adelaide Street and Oxford Street, there was a collision between the officer’s cruiser and a civilian vehicle traveling eastbound on Oxford Street. The civilian vehicle then struck two pedestrians;
• Both pedestrians were taken to Victoria Hospital for treatment. One individual was released with minor injuries. The 23-year-old woman remained in hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1898 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1898.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342