SIU Investigates Vehicle Death in Mississauga
Case Number: 13-PVD-284
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-PVD-284
- At approximately 6:22 am on Saturday, November 23, 2013, OPP officers were conducting RIDE checks on the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW);
- A vehicle failed to stop when directed to do so and exited the QEW, driving northbound on Hurontario St;
- OPP officers attempted to stop the vehicle as it continued northbound on Hurontario St;
- The vehicle struck a utility pole on Hurontario St., north of Dundas St;
- The driver of the vehicle was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Three investigators , three forensic investigators and one collision reconstruction investigator are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-2293 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jack Coruzzi, Jack.Coruzzi@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342