SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Custody Injury in Mississauga
Case Number: 14-OCI-044
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OCI-044
Mississauga (25 February, 2014) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is appealing for witnesses to an interaction involving several men in which a 22-year-old man suffered a serious injury.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 7:19 p.m. on Saturday, February 22 2014, the man was involved in a traffic-related incident at the intersection of Cliff Road and Mississauga Valley Blvd, in Mississauga.
• An interaction took place between occupants of two vehicles in which the complainant suffered a fractured jaw.
• He was taken to Mississauga General Hospital and received treatment for his injuries.
The SIU has assigned four investigators and one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident. Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the SIU at 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342