SIU Investigates Man’s Death in Lambton County
Case Number: 14-PCD-055
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-PCD-055
Mississauga (3 March, 2014) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of a 40-year-old man in Lambton County yesterday afternoon.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 3:20pm on Sunday March 2, 2014, Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Lambton County Detachment received a call regarding a domestic matter on Kettle and Stony Point First Nation Reserve.
• On their arrival OPP officers were informed that the man was seated in a pick-up truck located in the parade square area.
• A short time later a gunshot was heard.
• The man was transported to Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information about this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1965 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1965.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342