SIU Investigates Vehicle Injuries in Huron County East
Case Number: 14-PVI-075
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-PVI-075
Mississauga (26 March, 2014) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the vehicle injuries sustained by an 18-year-old woman early Wednesday morning in Huron County East.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On Wednesday, March 26, 2014, at approximately 2:15 a.m. an officer with the Ontario Provincial Police attempted to stop a vehicle.
• The driver did not stop and later, while travelling on Division Line in Huron County East, collided into a snow bank and rolled over.
• The driver of the vehicle suffered serious injuries and was taken to Seaforth Community Hospital and then transferred to Victoria Hospital in London for treatment.
The SIU has assigned three investigators, one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2290 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 2290.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342