SIU Investigates Vehicle Injuries in Brantford
Case Number: 14-OVI-107
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OVI-107
Mississauga (12 May, 2014) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the vehicle injuries sustained by a 17- year-old male yesterday morning in Brantford.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On Sunday May 11, 2014 at approximately 4:00 a.m., an officer with the Brantford Police Service attempted to stop a vehicle.
• In the area of 180 Colbourne Street, the vehicle was involved in a single motor vehicle collision with a pole, and then a house.
• Two occupants of the vehicle were transported to Brantford General Hospital for assessment of injuries.
• One of the occupants of the vehicle, a 17-year-old male, sustained serious injuries.
The SIU has assigned three investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2314 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 2314.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Kaia Werbus, Kaia.Werbus@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342