SIU Investigates Vehicle Injuries in Mississauga
Case Number: 14-OVI-121
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OVI-121
Mississauga (30 May, 2014) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a single vehicle collision in Mississauga.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On the morning of Friday, May 30, 2014, an officer with the Peel Regional Police Service (PRPS) was conducting a radar speed check at the intersection of Eglinton Avenue West and Hewicks Lane in Mississauga.
• The officer had stopped a vehicle, when another vehicle drove past and collided with a pole.
• The SIU is investigating the serious injuries sustained by two occupants of the vehicle involved in the collision.
The SIU has assigned four investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist to probe to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1957 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1957.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342