SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Vehicle Injury in London
Case Number: 14-OVI-133
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is appealing for witnesses to an incident involving a London Police Service (LPS) cruiser and a cyclist on June 17, 2014.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 4:45 p.m. that day, a 39-year-old-woman was riding her bicycle northbound on Rideout Street near Baker Street in London.
• A marked LPS cruiser drove near the vicinity of the cyclist.
• The cyclist fell off her bicycle and sustained serious injuries.
• As a result the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has commenced an investigation.
The SIU is appealing for anyone who may have witnessed this incident or who has any information in relation to the incident to contact the SIU at 1-800-787-8529 or the Lead Investigator at 416-622-1806.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342