SIU Investigates Motor Vehicle Collision in Kingston
Case Number: 14-OVD-150
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OVD-150
- Police observed a motorcycle with two occupants.
- The motorcycle entered the intersection of Patrick Street and John Street and collided with a car.
- Both occupants of the motorcycle, a 37-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman, were taken to Kingston General Hospital with serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Lenard Shaw, Lenard.B.Shaw@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342