SIU Investigates Collision in Sault Ste. Marie
Case Number: 14-OVI-166
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OVI-166
- On July 22, 2014, at approximately 3:20 a.m., officers with the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service (SSMPS) were on patrol in the area of Second Line East and Great Northern Road.
- The officers attempted to investigate a vehicle but it did not stop.
- In the area of Second Line East and Black Road the driver lost control of the vehicle and went into a ditch.
- The 26-year-old driver of the vehicle was arrested and later taken to Sault Area Hospital for treatment of his injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342