SIU Investigates Vehicle Injuries in Middlesex County
Case Number: 14-PVI-195
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-PVI-195
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the vehicle injuries sustained by a 38-year-old man early this morning.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- Officers with the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) attempted to stop a vehicle in the area of Plover Road near Clark Road in Middlesex County.
- The vehicle did not stop and was later involved in a single-vehicle collision near Gainsborough Road and Vanneck Road.
- The driver suffered serious injuries and was taken to the Victoria Hospital for treatment.
The SIU has assigned five investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident. Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-641-1866 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1866.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342