SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Toronto Vehicle Injury
Case Number: 14-TVI-221
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-TVI-221
Mississauga (30 September, 2014) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is appealing for witnesses to an incident in which a 25-year-old female pedestrian was seriously injured.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 9:18 a.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014 the woman was involved in a collision with a Toronto Police Service cruiser at the intersection of Redpath Avenue and Broadway Avenue, in Toronto.
- She suffered serious injuries and was transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is appealing for anyone who may have witnessed this incident or who has any information in relation to the incident to contact the SIU at 1-800-787-8529 or the Lead Investigator at 416-622-1806.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342