SIU Investigates Toronto Falling Death
Case Number: 14-TCD-249
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-TCD-249
- Officers with the Toronto Police Service responded to an apartment building at 26 Harbour Square regarding a distressed person.
- At approximately 1:30 p.m. the man fell from the 26th floor to a 7th floor terrace.
- His death was pronounced at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342