SIU Investigating Vehicle Injuries in Hamilton
Case Number: 14-OVI-254
- At approximately 1:00 a.m., on Sunday, October 26, 2014 a Chevy pick-up truck and a Hamilton Police Service (HPS) cruiser collided at the intersection of Wellington Street and Cannon Street.
- The driver of the pick-up truck left the scene of the collision.
- HPS officers attempted to stop the pick-up truck.
- At the intersection of Wentworth Street and Wilson Street, the pick-up truck was involved in a collision with a Hamilton taxi-cab.
- The man, who was a passenger in the taxi-cab, suffered serious injuries and was transported to Hamilton General Hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342