SIU Investigating Vehicle Deaths in Uxbridge
Case Number: 14-OVD-257
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OVD-257
- At approximately 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 28, 2014, officers with the Durham Regional Police Service (DRPS) were conducting a RIDE program in the area of Goodwood Road and Front Street, in Uxbridge.
- A vehicle went through the RIDE program without stopping.
- DRPS officers followed the vehicle.
- They came across the vehicle which had struck a tree in the area of Wagg Road and 3rd Concession Road.
- A male passenger was pronounced dead at the scene. The 25-year-old male driver was taken to Uxbridge Cottage Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342