SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Toronto Custody Injury
Case Number: 14-TCI-261
- At approximately 9:42 a.m. on Thursday, November 6, 2014 the man was involved in an interaction with officers from the Toronto Police Service.
- The incident took place in the area of 33 Celeste Drive and then continued onto Kingston Road, in Scarborough.
- The man suffered serious injuries and was transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342