SIU Investigating Incident in Melancthon Township
Case Number: 14-PCD-269
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-PCD-269
- At approximately 10:00 p.m. on Thursday November 20, 2014 officers with the Ontario Provincial Police, Dufferin Detachment, responded to a call of a domestic nature, to an address in Melancthon Township.
- At approximately 8:00 a.m. this morning there was a fire at the residence.
- SIU investigators are at the scene and are on standby to commence an investigation at the scene.
- Motorists are advised that 2nd Line Melancthon between 240 Sideroad and Dufferin County Road 21 will remain closed for an undetermined period of time while this investigation continues.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342