SIU Investigates Shooting in Scarborough
Case Number: 14-TFI-284
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-TFI-284
- At approximately 4:45 p.m. officers with the Toronto Police Service (TPS) responded to a report of a man with a knife at the rear of the Walmart store located at Kennedy Rd and Sheppard Ave.
- Police arrived at the scene and located the man.
- There was an interaction between the police and the man resulting in the man being shot.
- The man has been transported to Sunnybrook Hospital for treatment for gunshot wounds.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Steven Gibbons, Steven.Gibbons@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342