SIU Investigating Vehicle Injuries in Brampton
Case Number: 14-OVI-288
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OVI-288
- At approximately 12:30 a.m., on Monday, December 22, 2014, Peel Regional Police (PRP) attempted to investigate a van in the area of Williams Parkway, Brampton.
- The driver of the van fled from the area.
- At the intersection of Williams Parkway and Highway 10, the van was involved in a collision with two vehicles.
- The female, who was the driver of one of the vehicles, suffered serious injuries and was transported to Brampton Civic Hospital and then to Sunnybrook Hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Steven Gibbons, Steven.Gibbons@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342