SIU Investigating Injuries Sustained by Man in Kingston
Case Number: 15-OCI-014
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCI-014
Mississauga (20 January, 2015) --- Ontario's Special Investigations Unit is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 42-year-old man yesterday in Kingston.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 2 p.m. on Monday, January 19, 2015, officers with the Kingston Police Force responded to a fire at 1343 Crossfield Avenue;
- Once the fire department cleared the way into the residence, police went inside to evacuate a man who refused to leave;
- The man was eventually removed from the residence and taken to Kingston General Hospital for treatment of upper body injuries.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1965 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1965.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342