SIU Investigating Death of Man in London
Case Number: 15-OCD-029
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-029
Mississauga (16 February, 2015) --- Ontario's Special Investigations Unit is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of a 26-year-old man in London this weekend.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 2:30 a.m. on February 14, 2015, London Police Service officers responded to a disturbance call at a bar in London;
- A 26-year-old man was arrested. The man appeared to be in medical distress and was taken to London Health Sciences Centre by ambulance;
- He died in hospital on February 15, 2015 at 6:13 p.m.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2290 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2290.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342