SIU Investigates Vehicle Injuries in Brampton
Case Number: 15-OVI-039
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OVI-039
Mississauga (6 March, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 33-year-old man this morning in Brampton.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- On Friday, March 6, 2015, at approximately 8 a.m., an officer with Peel Regional Police was traveling southbound on Resolution Drive;
- At the intersection of Resolution Drive and Steeles Avenue, the cruiser struck a male pedestrian;
- The man sustained a leg injury and was taken to Brampton Civic Hospital for treatment.
The SIU has assigned four investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1965 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1965.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342