SIU Investigating Death of Man in Perth
Case Number: 15-PCD-063
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PCD-063
Mississauga (8 April, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of a 63-year-old man this morning in Perth.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- On Monday April 6, 2015, the man was arrested in his vehicle while in a Kemptville park. He was taken to hospital;
- The man was released last night, and subsequently taken to the Ontario Provincial Police Perth detachment and lodged in a cell;
- This morning the man complained of shortness of breath. He was taken by ambulance to the Perth and Smith Falls District Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The SIU has assigned two investigators and one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information about this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2290 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 2290.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342