SIU Investigating Injuries Sustained by Man in Brantford
Case Number: 15-OCI-067
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCI-067
Mississauga (13 April, 2015) --- Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 29-year-old man in Brantford this weekend.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- Shortly after 4 a.m. on Saturday, April 11, 2015, officers with the Brantford Police Service responded to a home on Raleigh Street;
- Once on scene, officers located the man and communicated with him;
- A short while later, the man sustained injuries to his neck. A conducted energy weapon was deployed by an officer and the man was apprehended;
- He was transported via ambulance to Brantford General Hospital.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and one forensic investigator to look into the incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1886 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1886.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342