SIU Investigating Shooting Incident in Cambridge
Case Number: 15-OFI-081
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OFI-081
Mississauga (30 April, 2015) --- Ontario's Special Investigations Unit is probing the circumstances surrounding the shooting of a 30-year-old man around midnight in Cambridge.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- Waterloo Regional Police Service officers responded to 95 Morning Calm Drive in Cambridge after receiving a call;
- When officers entered the residence, they were confronted by a man. There was an interaction and the man was shot. He was airlifted to Hamilton General Hospital for treatment;
- One police officer also sustained injuries as a result of the interaction. A female in the home was airlifted to hospital for treatment of injuries not related to the interaction between police and the man.
The SIU has assigned six investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2290 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2290.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342