SIU Investigates Falling Death in Mississauga
Case Number: 15-OCD-108
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-108
Mississauga (2 June, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the falling death of a 26-year-old man in Mississauga this morning.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 7:15 a.m. on Tuesday, June 2, 2015, officers with the Peel Regional Police Service responded to an apartment building located at 208 Enfield Drive in Mississauga regarding a suicidal male;
- The man was located on the roof of the building. Officers made their way to the roof with a building security guard;
- A short time later, the man fell from the 41st floor to a patio on the 7th floor.
The SIU has assigned five investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone with information or who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1988 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1988.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342