SIU Investigating Vehicle Incident in Ottawa
Case Number: 15-OVI-111
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OVI-111
Mississauga (4 June, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a woman this morning in Ottawa.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 9:20 a.m. on Thursday, June 4, 2015, an officer with the Ottawa Police Service was responding to a call;
- At the intersection of Hazeldean Road and Huntmar Drive, the cruiser was involved in a collision with another vehicle;
- The officer and a female from the other vehicle were both transported to the Ottawa Civic Hospital for treatment.
The SIU has assigned seven investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2293.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations