SIU Investigating Vehicle Incident in Ottawa
Case Number: 15-OVI-111
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OVI-111
Mississauga (4 June, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a woman this morning in Ottawa.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 9:20 a.m. on Thursday, June 4, 2015, an officer with the Ottawa Police Service was responding to a call;
- At the intersection of Hazeldean Road and Huntmar Drive, the cruiser was involved in a collision with another vehicle;
- The officer and a female from the other vehicle were both transported to the Ottawa Civic Hospital for treatment.
The SIU has assigned seven investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2293.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342