SIU Investigating Death of Man in Hilton Beach
Case Number: 15-PCD-127
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PCD-127
Mississauga (21 June, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of a 43-year-old man in Hilton Beach early this morning.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On Saturday, June 20, 2015, members of the Ontario Provincial Police Tactical Response Unit attended a residence on Maple Street, in Hilton Beach;
• At approximately 5 a.m. on June 21, 2015, officers entered the residence and found the man to be unresponsive;
• The man was pronounced dead.
The SIU has assigned five investigators and one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1806.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342