SIU Investigating Death of Man in Alliston
Case Number: 15-PVD-126
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVD-126
Mississauga (21 June, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of a 34-year-old man in Alliston today.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• Shortly after midnight on Sunday, June 21, 2015, an Ontario Provincial Police officer with the Nottawasaga detachment attempted to stop a motorcycle in the area of 8th Avenue;
• A short time later, the motorcycle struck a construction barrier;
• The man was taken to Stevenson Memorial Hospital and was pronounced dead.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1935.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342