SIU Investigating Vehicle Incident in Warwick Township
Case Number: 15-PVI-147
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVI-147
Mississauga (10 July, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 62-year-old man yesterday in Warwick Township.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 9, 2015, an Ontario Provincial Police officer with Lambton County was operating radar on Confederation Line when he observed a westbound vehicle driving in excess of the speed limit;
- The officer began to follow the vehicle;
- The vehicle turned onto Sexton Road and a short time later, crashed into a field just north of Zion Line/Mullifarry Drive;
- The driver of the vehicle was airlifted to the Victoria Hospital in London for treatment of injuries. He remains in hospital in critical condition.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1898.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342