SIU Investigating Injuries Sustained in Ottawa
Case Number: 15-OCI-152
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCI-152
Mississauga (14 July, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 28-year-old male early today in Ottawa.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On the morning of Tuesday, July 14, 2015, officers with the Ottawa Police Service responded to a residence on Lilas Private to deal with a disturbance call;
• At approximately 11:30 a.m., officers entered the residence and removed a male;
• There was an interaction between officers and the man, and he sustained injuries. He was taken to Ottawa General Hospital for treatment.
Four investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to investigate this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 1-800-787-8529 Ext. 2150.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342