SIU Investigating Vehicle Collision involving Toronto Police
Case Number: 15-TVI-153
Mississauga (15 July, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 50-year-old male yesterday on Highway 427.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14, 2015, a Toronto Police Service (TPS) vehicle was traveling southbound on Hwy 427 at Rathburn Road;
• The TPS vehicle was involved in a collision with a Black Hyundai Sonata;
• The driver of the Hyundai was taken to Mississauga Trillium Hospital for treatment of injuries.
Two investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to investigate this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 1-800-787-8529 Ext. 9029.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342