SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Incident in Town of Mono
Case Number: 15-PVI-160
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVI-160
Mississauga (23 July, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is appealing for witnesses to a collision that occurred yesterday between an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) cruiser and a motorcycle being operated by 52-year-old Brian Henderson. The incident happened in the Town of Mono.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, a Dufferin OPP officer was traveling southbound on Highway 10. Near 25th Sideroad, the cruiser was involved in a collision with the motorcycle being operated by Mr. Henderson, also traveling southbound;
- Mr. Henderson was transported to Headwaters Health Care Centre for treatment of serious injuries, including a back injury.
The SIU has assigned three investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident. At this time, one subject officer and two witness officers have been designated.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have witnessed this incident to contact the Unit at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1965.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342