SIU Investigating Injuries Sustained in Delhi
Case Number: 15-PCI-173
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PCI-173
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 31-year-old man the evening of August 2, 2015, in Delhi.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
· At approximately 7:00 p.m., August 2, 2015, officers with the Ontario Provincial Police, Norfolk County Detachment, responded to a residence in Delhi to deal with an assault call;
· A man fled on foot and police gave chase but lost sight of him;
· The man was later located by police and he had sustained injuries. He was taken to a local hospital and then transferred to the Hamilton General Hospital for treatment of leg and back injuries.
Four investigators have been assigned to investigate this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 1-800-787-8529 Ext. 2150.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Steven Gibbons, Steven.Gibbons@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342