SIU Investigating Vehicle Incident in Cavan
Case Number: 15-PVI-208
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVI-208
Mississauga (15 September, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the vehicle injuries sustained by a man last night in Cavan.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 10 p.m. on Monday, September 14, 2015, an Ontario Provincial Police officer attempted to stop a vehicle traveling southbound on Hwy 115 in Cavan;
• The vehicle entered the on ramp to Tapley Quarter Line and crashed into a ditch;
• The 27-year-old male passenger of the vehicle was taken to Peterborough Regional Health Centre for treatment of serious injuries. The female driver of the vehicle did not sustain any serious injury.
At this time, three investigators, one forensic investigator and two collision reconstructionists from the SIU have been assigned to the case.
Anyone who may have information with respect to this case is asked to call the SIU at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2314.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342