SIU Investigating Injury in Windsor
Case Number: 15-OVI-218
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OVI-218
Mississauga (23 September, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 23-year-old man early this morning in Windsor.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 23, 2015, Windsor Police Service officers attempted to stop a group of motorcyclists in the area of Riverside Drive and Ouellette Avenue;
• A short time later, some of the motorcycles were involved in a collision at Riverside Drive and Campbell Avenue;
• One of the motorcyclists was taken to hospital for treatment of a fractured ankle.
The SIU has assigned three investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1873.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342