SIU Investigates Death in West Lincoln
Case Number: 15-OCD-234
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-234
Mississauga (9 October, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a man’s death that occurred early this morning in West Lincoln.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 2 a.m. on Friday, October 9, 2015, police officers with the Niagara Regional Police Service responded to an address on Michael Street;
• Upon arrival, the officers located a man in the rear yard of the residence;
• While one of the officers was talking with the man, the man sustained a gunshot wound and died at the scene.
Five investigators and two forensic investigators from the SIU have been assigned to investigate this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529 Ext. 1872.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342