SIU Investigates Shooting in Pelham
Case Number: 15-OFI-236
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OFI-236
Mississauga (10 October, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a shooting that occurred in Pelham this evening.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 8 p.m. on Saturday, October 10, 2015, police officers with the Niagara Regional Police Service responded to an address on Canboro Road;
• The officers located a man at that location;
• The man and two police officers suffered gunshot wounds and were taken to hospital.
Six investigators and three forensic investigators have been assigned to investigate this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529 Ext. 2290.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Lenard Shaw, Lenard.B.Shaw@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342