SIU Investigating Death of Man in Mississauga
Case Number: 15-OCD-249
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-249
- At approximately 7:30 p.m. on October 27, 2015, Peel Regional Police Service officers responded to a domestic dispute call on Glen Erin Drive south of Britannia Road;
- When police arrived, they determined a 58-year-old man had barricaded himself inside the residence;
- Approximately one hour after police arrived at the scene, officers entered the residence. EMS attended as well and declared the man deceased.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342