SIU Investigating Collision in Fort Erie, Appealing For Witnesses
Case Number: 15-OVI-255
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OVI-255
- Just after 11:00 p.m., a Niagara Regional Police Service officer noticed a car travelling at a high rate of speed northbound on Stevensville Road in Fort Erie. The officer activated his roof lights and attempted to follow the car.
- At the four-way stop at Stevensville Road and Netherby Road, there was a collision involving the car and a tractor trailer.
- The female driver of the car was extricated from the vehicle and airlifted to Hamilton General Hospital. Currently, she does not have life threatening injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897