SIU Investigating Collision in Penetanguishene
Case Number: 15-PVI-259
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVI-259
- An OPP officer was conducting radar on Fuller Avenue around 5:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
- The officer attempted to follow a vehicle.
- At Fuller Avenue and Robilard Drive, a truck was found to have collided into a pole and a tree.
- A 20-year-old male was transported to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre with serious injuries. He remains in the intensive care unit.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342