SIU Investigating Firearm Incident in Thornhill
Case Number: 15-OFI-262
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OFI-262
- Just after 9:30 this morning, York Regional Police officers responded to a call for a seriously injured deer in the road in the Henderson Avenue and Proctor Avenue area in Thornhill.
- The officers closed the area to traffic and used a firearm to put down the animal.
- Shortly after that, a 78-year-old man was found injured nearby.
- The man was transported to hospital, treated, and released.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342