SIU Investigating Collision in Brantford - Appealing For Witnesses
Case Number: 15-OVI-264
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OVI-264
- Shortly before 1:00 a.m., near George and Dalhousie Streets, Brantford Police pulled over a Ford F150 truck with four occupants.
- An officer was inspecting the truck when the truck sped away eastbound on Dalhousie Street.
- A short time later, the truck collided with a van in the area of Dalhousie and Colborne Streets.
- A 35-year-old woman in the van was taken to hospital with a fractured pelvis. She has been released from hospital.
- A 26-year-old man has been arrested in connection with this incident.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342