SIU Investigating Shooting in Mississauga
Case Number: 15-OFI-271
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OFI-271
- Just after 1:00 this morning, Peel Regional Police officers responded to a call at Golden Orchard Drive and Grand Forks Road.
- There was an interaction between a 26-year-old man and officers, and the man was shot.
- He was transported to St. Michael’s Hospital. His injuries are considered not life-threatening.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897