SIU Investigating Shooting in Toronto
Case Number: 15-TFI-275
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-TFI-275
- Around 10:20 p.m. on November 16, 2015, a 911 call was made.
- Shortly after the call, Toronto Police Service officers responded to a home at 152 Edmonton Drive, near Finch Avenue and Highway 404.
- There was an interaction between a 45-year-old woman and the officers, and the woman was shot.
- She was taken to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897