SIU Investigating Three-Vehicle Collision near Woodstock
Case Number: 15-PVI-280
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVI-280
- Around 11:57 p.m., a vehicle with four occupants was travelling in the eastbound lanes of the 401, approaching Sweaburg Road.
- Ontario Provincial Police attempted to stop the vehicle.
- At that time, there was a collision involving three vehicles.
- Four occupants from one vehicle and the driver from another vehicle were taken to hospital.
- An 18-year-old female is currently listed in critical condition.
- The other persons were treated and released.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897