SIU Investigating Death of Man in Toronto
Case Number: 15-TCD-290
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-TCD-290
- At 9:50 this morning, Toronto Police Service responded to a call from an apartment at 2 Eva Road in the Highway 427 and Burnhamthorpe Road area.
- Officers attended an apartment on the 23rd floor, where they encountered a female who appeared injured.
- Officers entered the apartment.
- Shortly thereafter, a man was discovered without vital signs on the terrace of the building.
- The 34-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.
- A 31-year-old woman has been transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897