SIU Investigating Shooting in Toronto
Case Number: 15-TFI-299
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-TFI-299
- Shortly before 3:30 p.m., Toronto Police attended a residence at 17 Coquette Road. Officers were responding to a call for a man with a knife.
- Not long after officers arrived, there was an interaction with a 31-year-old man outside the residence.
- Several shots were fired.
- The 31-year-old man was wounded. He was rushed by ambulance to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, where he is undergoing surgery.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342